I know that I’ve been drowning you all with unfinished projects lately. But, I have another one! This is a quick little “weekend project”
This little space used to house the furnace. It was taken out a long time ago and turned into a linen closet.
I tried to use it for a while. But, clearly , it wasn’t working.
The door way was so small I ended up cramming everything in a strategic way to not cause an avalanche of blankets and other things.
Not to mention, everything (good towels, washcloths , rags, seasonal items, curtains, etc) was stored together. Which meant I wouldn’t dare search for anything.
As I drug everything out into the floor to organize , I got more and more frustrated , eventually deciding to rip away the doorway to make a larger space.
Then ripped away the “shelving” only to discover a giant hole and exposed electric.
Then decided to continue and remove the damaged dry wall and unused electrical wires and random piece of carpet.
After installing some pretty slats of wood
continued the hallway flooring into the closet
repaired the damaged drywall and finished out the , now larger, entry
I’m getting really excited about my new space!
I’m allowing the drywall to dry and later today I will sand and start painting. Tomorrow we will install lighting and new shelves. I can’t wait until it’s all finished and I can start organizing all my linens .
Be sure to come back and see the end result.
While the drywall mud is drying I’m going to go snap some pictures of my little one’s room, like I promised.Pin It
Share and Enjoy