Happy National Pancake Day. I’ve never actually heard of this holiday, but any reason to make pancakes sounds like a lovely holiday to celebrate!
I’m going to share with you one of my favorite pancake recipes: Sausage & apple flapjacks. These pancakes are a lovely soft and fluffy version of pancake involving a euphoric sweet and salty combination.
I’ve always enjoyed the accidental over-pour of maple syrup seeping over onto my breakfast sausage. Tucking the little savory sausage bits inside of a pillowy pancake cover was already a no-brainer. To add apples in the mix only takes it to the next level of perfection. A breakfast perfect for this momma.
Dig in!Pin It
sausage and apple flapjacks
By February 5, 2013Published:
salty, sweet, soft, and fullfilling pancake recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 granny smith apple peeled,cored, and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup ground breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- Whisk egg,flour,sugar,baking powder,salt,milk until incorporated. Batter should remain slightly lumpy.
- fold in apple and sausage.
- Heat electric griddle to 350-400 degrees. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle; flip once sides of the pancake start to set and bubbles form on the surface. Serve warm with your favorite maple syrup.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress