It’s no surprise that Christmas is fast approaching. Christmas trees have been on display in stores for how long now? three months?
I’m not one to decorate for Christmas until Thanksgiving has passed. That’s just my preference (says the person who starts decorating for Fall in August!) That doesn’t mean I don’t start thinking about Christmas much earlier. Every year we get more and more people to buy for, for Christmas. Does it seem that way to you? This year we have three children to buy for. Wow. Things are expensive and honestly who needs all this “stuff!”
My favorite thing to do around this time of year is to create things for friends and family. I may not be able to purchase what is on their list, but I try and create something that will make them smile.
This week I want to share with you some special hand-made gift ideas. Gift ideas that you can also create for your family and friends this year.
Catch that? …then a GIVEAWAY!!
#1 I’m sharing easy, low cost, hand-made gift ideas all week.
#2 I’m going to host a giveaway.
Not only a giveaway, A MEGA-GIVEAWAY!
Working with small business owners who love and care for each and every product that runs through their hands have agreed to help me out in this giveaway.
are all great business’ and people that are going to help me out and donate their hand-made product. To give to you! Hair bows,Christmas ornaments, fun crochet items, personalized products, magazine subscription and I am going to throw in some things too. Will you even have to do any Christmas shopping with a giveaway this huge?!
This Friday, on FOLK magazine blog (http://folklifestyle.com) I will be hosting this mega-giveaway and give you an opportunity to win products from all of these shops!
Do you have a business and want to donate a product to this giveaway?
E-mail me at email@example.com
For everyone else:
Be HERE all week on mommahenscoop.com and then visit me on FOLK magazine’s blog folklifestyle.com for a mega- hand-made gift Holiday giveaway!!
Share this with your friends. The more people that know about this giveaway , the bigger it gets, and the more amazing-hand-crafted product you will get!
For today’s hand-made gift idea:
Healthy baked granola
toasty, nutty,crunch,sweet, and salty. A little for everyone. Baked granola is a gift for kids-parents-teachers-and more. I recommend either making ahead of time or putting ingredients into a jar with the recipe attached. Cute packaging and it’s a done deal.
Packaging ideas: Use an antique Ball jar. After the food is gone the option to decorate with the jar is there.
attach a scoop and a hand/dish towel
Hand write the recipe for a keepsake
Remember granola can contain just about anything you would like. This recipe is more along the lines of guidlines. Play around with it a bit. Add or delete any of the ingredients.
- 3½ CUPS WHOLE OATS
- ½ CUP SUNFLOWER SEEDS
- ½ CUP CHOPPED WALNUTS
- ½ CUP PEANUTS
- ½ CUP DRIED CRANBERRIES
- ½ CUP UNSWEETENED COCONUT FLAKES
- ½ CUP PUFFED WHITE CEREAL
- ½ CUP HONEY
- ½ TEASPOON VANILLA
- PINCH OF SALT
- 3 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread all dry ingredients out onto sheet pan.
- Combined honey, vanilla.Then pour over the dry ingredients. Pour olive oil evenly over the dry ingredients.
- Using a rubber spatula stir ingredients together then evenly spread back out over sheet tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until brown and toasty.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- hand-made gift idea: homemade peanut butter and announcing the participants in our super mega giveaway
- 10 last minute homemade gift ideas you can do today!
- old fashioned Salt-Dough ornament recipe and a GIVEAWAY
- WhateverWednesday link party and holiday decor
- friendship,product review, and another giveaway!